Friday, November 5, 2010

Not Without My Girlfriends!

Dear Bunco Queen,
I am married to a mostly wonderful man and we have a 13 year old son.  The problem is that when I go out of town occasionally to visit friends, my husband does not "step up" to the plate with his parenting responsibilities.  Once my husband even called me on a Saturday afternoon while I was away, to ask me where our son was!  I only go away 2 weekends a year to see my old college friends.  I worry that my son will be wandering the neighborhood for the weekend like a lost puppy in search of shelter and a warm meal.  Not really- but do you get the idea?  Please help. 

Kim

Dear Kim,
You are not alone!  Many moms sometimes feel this way.  Always remember that you can rely on your girlfriends.  We are there for each other even when no one else is.  Check out this email that one clever mom sent to her neighborhood girlfriends about her husband and 14 year old son just before heading away for the weekend.  The names have been changed to protect the innocent.  The email subject line was "WARNING".  The reply emails were overwhelmingly supportive...as our girlfriends always are!

Bunco Queen

Hi Ladies:

Just wanted to let you know that I am going to be out of town this weekend and my husband is going to be in charge of Tyler.  Just so you know:  Kevin does not ask where Tyler is going or when he will be home, will not ask who he is going with, will leave him here alone with friends and will not tell Tyler where he has gone or if he has gone, will not supervise when he is here,  will go to bed when he is ready and not make sure that Tyler is secure in the house, will not take or pick up Tyler or his friends anywhere especially if it interferes with his vodka time, will not feed Tyler or any of his friends,  will not make Tyler shower (so he might stink if you see him and he will be wearing the same clothes all weekend)    You get the picture.  So I apologize in advance if Tyler ends up at your house and does not leave all weekend.  No one will call to tell him to come home so please send him on his way if need be.    Thanks!  Kathy
In case of emergency, call my cell:  222-8888     : )

No comments:

Post a Comment